Add flavor to the holiday season with festive Indian fare!
With the holidays upon us, Christmas food is everywhere, from festive treats in restaurants to delish baking aromas from homes. We must admit that not all holidays are created equal. Christmas time is loved by everyone, not just for the magic it brings in terms of spirit and presents but also for the holiday feasting. Add some spice into your festive fare this holiday season with traditional Indian food!
If anything holiday season does is makes you crave for winter pleasures, staying in, snuggling up and hang around with your loved ones or socialize. And if staying indoors gets drearier then dining out with family & friends brightens your holidays. Biologically our bodies are designed to relate winter to warm and cosy. And one common thing is comforting good food.
Indian food is known to be the soul of festivities and soothing during chilly months. Nourishing ingredients and spices in it not only contributes to its mystical flavors but also keeps you going through the cold weather. We all know about the beneficial abundance of Indian spices, herbs and seasonings. Ghee or clarified butter, Nuts & seeds, ginger, chillies and spices like turmeric, pepper are considered as winter warmers. You will find these in every Indian dish as part of its ingredients.
Festive Indian delights to serve this holiday season
We have put together a list of perfect holiday food for you. These are most loved dishes on our menu chosen based on nostalgic memories from back home, ingredients and flavors that complement the freezing temperatures of the holiday season.
Delicious Indian appetizers perfect for holiday season cravings.
The warming essence of appetizers and hearty tandoori dishes cooked over intense fire is a perfect treat to your taste buds on cold festive evenings.
- Paneer Bullets – A crispy snack made with mashed paneer filling.
- Chatpata Gobi – Crispy cauliflower tossed with a sweet and tangy sauce.
- Kodi Roast – Seasoned Chicken roasted with curry leaves.
- Tarkari Seekh Kebab – Nourishing mashed veggies packed into flavorful kebabs.
- Paneer Tikka – Classic recipe of cottage cheese chunks.
- Pathar ka Gosht – Melt in mouth flattened goat meat cooked overheated stone slab.
- Lambchops – Tandoor grilled lamb chops bursting with flavors.
- Murghe Kalmi – Lightly textured and juicy tandoori grilled drumsticks.
- Murgh Malai Tikka – Densely flavored and creamy tandoori chicken chunks.
Warming Indian curries for holiday season
Rich, indulgent Indian curries full of aromatic spices & herbs, nourishing veggies and luscious meats are opulent enough to feel fully festive during holiday season.
- Malai Kofta – Irresistible creamy gravy with melt in mouth paneer balls.
- Masala Methi Paneer – Lucious chunks of Paneer in curry with bitter hints fresh Methi leaves.
- Nizami Handi – Delicious mixed vegetable with silky smooth gravy full of flavors.
- Lagan Ka Murgh – Full-bodied chicken curry made with fragrant spices.
- Andhra Kodi Kura – Traditional Andhra style chicken curry with curry leaves and spices.
- Murgh Tikka Masala – Mildly flavoured boneless chicken gravy.
- Lal Maas Gosht – Fiery Rajasthani meat curry for spicy lovers.
- Pasanday Gosht – Luscious goat meat curry from the royal cuisine of Hyderabad.
- Gongura Mamsam – Authentic south Indian dish made of goat meat and gongura leaves.
- Mamidi Chapala Pulusu – A traditional Andhra mango fish curry.
Iconic Biryani for festive holiday dinner
And nothing can beat the aroma of our bestseller Biryanis that goes terrifically well with fall drinks. Flavorful, hot, freshly-prepared, flawless biryanis will make your holidays and gatherings feel warmer and memorable.
- Hyderabadi Dum Biryani (Mutton & Chicken) – This iconic dish needs no introduction!
- Sabzi Dum Pulao – Dum Biryani inspired vegetarian version of Pulao.
Winter Desserts for holiday season
Christmas time is when the joy of eating is ten-folds satiating and traditionally hot desserts were specially made to combat the chill. It’s the perfect time to gorge on our 4 heavenly traditional winter desserts.
- Double ka Meetha – Dulcified dessert made with milk and Bread.
- Jumbo Jamun – Hot and delicious soft balls made of milk solids and condensed milk filling.
- Malpua Rabri – Fluffy pancakes soaked in sugar syrup served with Rabdi (chilled sweetened thickened milk).
Samudhra invites you to celebrate this holiday season with your loved ones and feel-at-home with our Indian food and a traditional menu curated for you and yours, exclusively for this season of cheer. Book Now!
Wishing everyone magical and blissful Christmas holidays!